We are hoping the readers of Let Me Be Me will weigh in on the
Samatha Brick topic!
Don’t know what that is? Samantha Brick posted an article discussing her own beauty (worth reading). She believes she’s attractive, but, as Jonalyn tweeted it, believes it “unapologetically”. The response has gone viral and people are responding strongly to her assertions. Some are claiming:
- she is not that pretty
- she is crazy for verbalizing her experiences as an attractive woman
- it is awesome that she has brought the topic to light
In an interview on the Today Show (worth watching and reading), she shared a few more details about the article…and we learn a bit more about this woman as a…real person.
She lives in the French countryside, has four dogs, a great group of girlfriends…and is quite surprised and hurt at some of the responses she has gotten. Is is possible she has been misunderstood? Is it possible that we have heard her spot-on (get it…a British saying…:) ) and that she should have posted an article on something a lot less inflaming?
In this blog on female friendship, Brick has given us some good material to work with!
So, Let Me Be Me readers…what are your thoughts?
- Is there a little bit of Samantha Brick in you – you know your own beauty and have gotten a public response from both men and women because of it (e.g. free drinks, salty glances from other women)?
- Do you begrudgingly tolerate women like Samantha Brick?
- Do you have a Samantha Brick in your life?