- If you find me without a book, it is surprising.
- I love drinking good tea.
- I am the wife of a fantastic man and mother of a magnificent 3 year old girl.
- I am an overachiever and recovering perfectionist.
- I love to laugh…and get a kick out of dirty jokes and bathroom humor.
- I get through tougher, stressful times with a few crutches, right now it is good chocolate and running.
- I love to watch TV (The Good Wife, Modern Family, 30 Rock, Parenthood…and so on).
- I am an introvert and usually the best person I can think of to spend time with is myself.
- My husband is a pilot and I am learning to be an educated co-pilot.
I love good quotes and life tips. My most recent favorites are from professional organizer Patrick Rhone.
“Your to do list should be a sacred place. It should be filled only with the things you plan on doing, things you are constantly evaluating and things you are taking active steps to move forward and get them done.”
“The Three Most Important Productivity Tools – The trash can, the delete key and the word ‘no’”.
What I do and Where I live:
I am a licensed clinical psychologist and licensed professional counselor. I am originally from Dallas, Texas, I lived in Steamboat Springs, CO for four years after finishing graduate school at Regent University in Virginia Beach, VA. in 2006. A recent move brought me back to Virginia.
As a psychologist I work with individuals and couples in my private practice, Legacy: Assessment, Counseling & Consulting. As a professor, I teach online psychology and counseling courses to up-and-coming counselors. I have a few areas of interest include: personal and marital health, family history, and spirituality and psychology. I like working with adolescent and adult women, addressing issues related to women in society, relationships, personal roles, sex and marriage. My professional background includes work with Veteran’s Affairs and state psychiatric hospitals and private practice.